A healthy lifestyle is important to doing your best at college. We take great care to ensure you have many healthy options (as well as the occasional treat) to help you on your way.
We’ve provided a wealth of information here to help you meet your nutritional goals. Among other things, you can:
- Schedule a meeting with our dietitian or ask a question online.
- View the daily dining hall menus. Scroll over each item to view its nutritional information.
- Use our nutritional calculator for the daily menus. Just select your dining hall’s daily menu, then click on the nutrition calculator to plan the meal you want to eat to meet your nutritional goals.
- Access nutritional analysis and allergy information.
- View a listing of allergens in our standard menu items
- Learn about food allergies and what you can eat if you know or suspect you have one.
- Follow this link for your free 12 page college dining guide for students with celiac.
Check out our spring nutrition program, ONE CHANGE , running January 21 to February 25!
Week 1: Get walking Week 2: Hydrate Week 3: Get moving. Week 4: Eat well. Week 5: Relax. Week 6: Log it with the MyFitnessPal app.
If you’re looking to make smart food choices, we make it easy to spot healthy snacks in our vending machines and C-Stores. Look for the Wolf-Approved Paw Print, and you can be assured that it’s a healthier choice that is low in fat, low in sugar and has zero trans fats.
Wolf Approved Criteria:
- No chips, candy or beverages included. To be Wolf Approved, items in the C-store or vending machine must meet the following criteria:
- < 9g of added sugar per serving
- < 240 calories for a snack or 600 calories for an entree
- < 30% kcal from fat
- No Trans Fat
- < 3 ingredients
Vegan & Vegetarian Options
University Dining is committed to helping vegans and vegetarians meet the their nutritional needs while eating on campus. You can:
- Look for the vegan icon next to offerings by viewing our online daily menus
- Visit with our dietitian, Lisa Eberhart, to ensure you are meeting your daily nutritional needs
- Join our vegetarian e-minder list for news and updates. Contact our dietitian for details
- Look for vegan options in our C-Stores by viewing our list of available items
You might also enjoy the links below.
Information for Vegetarians
- The Vegetarian Resource Group
- Online Guide to Vegetarian Restaurants
- Vegetarian Nutrition
- Vegetarian and Vegan Standard Menu Items
- Eating Disorders
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Healthiest Breakfast
- Healthy Vegetarian Options
- Nutrition Guide to Fat
- Recommended Daily Protein
- Sports Nutrition
- Weight Loss
Nutrition & Weight Loss Links
Calorie Information and Counters
Information on Eating Disorders
- Counseling Center for Information on Eating Disorders
- On-line Eating Disorder Screening
- National Eating Disorder Association
- Overeaters Anonymous