University Dining provides limited and targeted sponsorship of programs and initiatives on the NC State Campus. Our criteria for sponsorship is as follows:
- Must be a university affiliated department or group.
- Must have a broad impact on the university or have a focus on nutrition, sustainability, hunger or diversity.
We will support organizations with smaller contributions such as door prizes with advance notice provided our annual inventory has not been depleted.
If you would like to apply for sponsorship, please complete the form below at least 30 days in advance of your event. For larger events that require our participation, a longer lead time is appreciated.
POLICY ON SPONSORSHIP REQUESTS
The purpose of this policy is to establish guidelines regarding University Dining’s intent to promote the University’s mission through the support of sponsorships. Through this policy, we will provide guidelines for sponsorship requests.
For purposes of this policy, a sponsorship request can be categorized as an opportunity for the
University Dining to support a particular event with the condition that such event and/or host organization meet the defined criteria.
Sponsorships must comply with all applicable University guidelines.
Sponsorship may take the form of direct payment of funds, discounted pricing on services, or donation of food items.
Requests will be reviewed based on the following criteria including, but not limited to:
- Proposed event must be consistent with at least one of the stated goals of University Dining.
- Promotion of wellness, including healthy lifestyles, particularly nutrition-related programs at NC State University.
- Promotion of sustainability and sustainable efforts
- Promotion of University Dining as a positive aspect of campus life
- Promotion of the fight against hunger
- Promotion of University-wide initiatives, such as Homecoming
- Programs that offer broad based direct support to students, such as Student Government and the Inter Residence Council
- Funding is not intended for ongoing programs and activities, but for one-time only support.
- Sponsorship per year shall not exceed $5000.00 for any single event.
- Only sponsorship applications from university departments and university-recognized organizations may be considered. Sponsorships of activities not connected to NC State will not be considered.
- Proposed events must not unlawfully discriminate.
- Funds may not be used for events designed to elect candidates to public office nor make reference to political campaigns or issues.
- Funds requested in this application may not supplant any existing revenue source. Rather, funds awarded through this application are to be used to supplement, or add to, existing levels of funding or services.
- The requested funds must be available.
- For Large Events (attended by 1,000+ people or requiring support of $2500 or more) University Dining maintains an annual calendar of events. Large events must be scheduled in the annual calendar for sponsorship consideration. These are normally annual events.
- University Dining requires to be present at large events, with the ability to distribute literature or products that promote University Dining initiatives.
- Specific events that are attended by more than 1,000 students can be funded only once in a 12-month period and will be considered in the annual programming for University Dining.
- All printed materials are required to acknowledge the receipt of University Dining funds. Before materials are printed and distributed, the final draft must be reviewed and approved by designated staff of University Dining.
- The organization submitting a sponsorship request must submit a completed sponsorship application.
- If the proposed sponsorship request meets the criteria noted above, the request will be placed on the agenda for the next scheduled Marketing and Communications meeting of University Dining.
- The Director of University Dining will make the final determination to approve or disapprove a sponsorship request.
- Allow for at least thirty (30) days to receive Sponsorship funding once your application is approved.
- At the conclusion of the event, the Applicant will submit a final report to University Dining, describing the attendance for the event, and any outcomes that were achieved.